Who are we?

My photo
Sacramento, CA, United States
We create desserts as unique and special as you and your event. We believe you CAN have you cake and eat it too, but you can also have mousse, pies and tarts, crème brûlée, or éclairs! Special events are just that, SPECIAL and nothing says PARTY like those sweet little bites at the end of the party.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hidden Mickey Wedding Cake

This last weekend I worked on the most adorable wedding cake. The couple got engaged at Disneyland and although they didn't want a Disney themed wedding, they did want a subtle nod to Disney.

There are several details that I really liked and are great for brides to know about. I'm going to start from the top and work my way down.

The cake topper was a crystal slipper and quite heavy. I believe I've mentioned it before, but any time I know in advance that there is going to be a heavy cake topper I add structural support in the top tier and the frost in a Plexiglas plate. This added insurance doesn't show, but it does ensure that you can put a brick on top of the cake and it won't collapse!
Next, is the monogram... straight off of their invitation. A small detail, but it turned out perfect.
This cake is a perfect example of how three patterns can work very well together when you are working with a monochromatic color scheme.
The bottom tier had the little Mickey logo worked into the pattern, hence the hidden Mickey. Not totally obvious, but subtle and I think darling.
Lastly, all of the details on this cake (the piping, monogram, Mickey logo) were hand painted so they had a little extra glow to them.

This cake was two flavors: The top two tiers were chocolate cake with Morello cherry compote and cherry caramel and cream cheese buttercream while the bottom tier was white cake with salted caramel chocolate mousse with cream cheese buttercream. All I can say is YUM!

Another lovely cake for a very sweet couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment