Who are we?

My photo
Sacramento, CA, United States
We create desserts as unique and special as you and your event. We believe you CAN have you cake and eat it too, but you can also have mousse, pies and tarts, crème brûlée, or éclairs! Special events are just that, SPECIAL and nothing says PARTY like those sweet little bites at the end of the party.

Friday, September 25, 2009

They Like Us, They Really Do!

I can't tell you how many times I've bragged on my clients. They really are wonderful! I got home last night, very late, and discovered flowers and the sweetest note from Laura and Gary. I did love how this cake turned out, even though it did turn into a labor of love. I have to confess, I would have done ANYTHING to make this cake turn out great... The first time I met Laura and Gary, Gary had just had several samples of cake that were being passed around at an event. He came up and told me it was the best cake he'd ever eaten. Talk about a way to a chef's heart! Flatter me! :)

There were several bits and pieces about this cake that were unique. First, and it's hard to tell in this picture, the first and third tiers of the cake are a slightly different color... that's because they had an entirely different flavored buttercream. First and Third tiers were chocolate cake with macadamia nut pieces filled with coconut pastry cream and coated in coconut buttercream (YUM!), while the Second and Fourth tiers were white cake with vanilla pastry cream and fresh berries coated in vanilla bean buttercream (also yum!). I'm sure it's happened to you in the past, and I want to assure you that it happens to us professionals too... things don't always turn out like you'd hope. The coconut buttercream just wasn't coconut-ty enough for me (you shouldn't have to guess at the flavor), so, being the creative gal that I am... I hit it with a couple of shots of Malibu coconut rum... that TOTALLY did the trick... who would have guessed!?? (I guess me in this case, but it was cool how it turned out!)

The next fun part of this cake was the decorations. We used thier invitation as inspiration and then changed the colors (invite was blue, but there was no blue in the wedding... mostly garnet and tangerine). I scanned their invitation and then enlarged certain pieces to create a cohesive, unique, but familiar pattern. Don't ask how I transfered the pattern from paper to the cake... because I'm not going to tell you. Brides who are reading this... it was a labor of love and I was happy for the experience, but in the future this sort of decoration will bump your cake from the standard $4 a serving up to $6.

Thank you to Laura and Gary for the lovely flowers and for your great sense of humor and adventure, I loved your cake and was really very happy with how it turned out!

Next, I've been working with Project Wedding to create a new profile on their website. It's full of pictures and reviews from clients and industry professionals. I am happy to announce that, at this point, we have 6 reviews and a 5-star rating. I almost cried when I read what a couple of my brides wrote... you guys are really the best and I can't express enough how satisfying it is to know that all my hard work and love is really appreciated! Thank you! (Feel free to add your own experiences or read the sweet words on the Project Wedding site.

No comments:

Post a Comment