Who are we?

My photo
Sacramento, CA, United States
We create desserts as unique and special as you and your event. We believe you CAN have you cake and eat it too, but you can also have mousse, pies and tarts, crème brûlée, or éclairs! Special events are just that, SPECIAL and nothing says PARTY like those sweet little bites at the end of the party.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sean and Ashley - August 22, 2009 Part 1

Hot August Nights!
Sean and Ashley have both been so much fun to work with while we were creating their wedding desserts. They were so excited about the prospect of doing little desserts with the cake. It was beautiful and the colors really let me go crazy with some fun techniques that I've been DYING to try.

Don't worry, yes, that is an ax in Sean's hand, yes, they did cut the cake with said ax, and yes, Sean IS a fireman! This was a sweet, very funny, surprise for his darling bride... I so wanted to say something, but it was hilarious and the pictures are priceless.This photo will need some retouching to make it magazine worthy (mostly the drapery) but I was thrilled with how this turned out. There are little things that bug me, but I'm not going to share them with everyone... it's just me. Enjoy the pictures!

In order from left to right: Dulce De Leche Creme Brulee, Pecan Pie, Black Forest Petit Fours, Raspberry Lemonade Marshmallows, Strawberry Chocolate Mousse, Lemon Berry Pavlovas, Salted Caramel Tartlets, Decorated Butter Cookies


Special thanks go out to: Lora Ward with A Day To Remember Wedding Consultants for recommending me to her clients. As always she was a force to recon with and was so great about staying on top of everything. Katie Edwards of Ambience Floral Design was wonderful. She made the floral balls that are shown in this picture and she created the backdrop. Thank goodness... if I'd had to do it I think I would have lost my mind! Jordan Zink of Jordan's Portraits took these and many more amazing pictures! Last but not least, Stephanie of Stephanie J Designs made the lovely name cards. I just pointed her in a direction and she went and the end product was LOVELY!

1 comment:

  1. I love this color scheme!!! You're right I shouldn't have looked when I was hungry!

    ReplyDelete