Who are we?

My photo
Sacramento, CA, United States
We create desserts as unique and special as you and your event. We believe you CAN have you cake and eat it too, but you can also have mousse, pies and tarts, crème brûlée, or éclairs! Special events are just that, SPECIAL and nothing says PARTY like those sweet little bites at the end of the party.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Product Evaluation

I'm forever getting new toys, I mean tools. It's one of the joys of this business. New silicon molds, new cutters, brushes and colors. I've been eyeing this puppy for quite a while and had a million uses for it, now I'm depressed.

I bought an extruder. What is that? It's a tool that you can put gum paste or fondant into and then squeeze through opening in the end to create a shape. Imagine all of the fun Play Dough town/people/kitchen toys, but for adults!
Nine times out of ten I love the tools I buy, even the more esoteric ones that I might only use once in a while. I'm a huge fan of re-purposing tools and tools that are simple, but effective. The extruder seemed to fit right in. Until I used it this past weekend! All I wound up with were little dogie poo looking bits of fondant. Not really all that attractive (or edible looking for that matter!). I did go with the less expensive model. Guess I'm going to have to suck it up and buy the other one. If that one doesn't work, then dang, maybe I'll have to admit I don't know what I'm doing!
Any words of advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment