Who are we?

My photo
Sacramento, CA, United States
We create desserts as unique and special as you and your event. We believe you CAN have you cake and eat it too, but you can also have mousse, pies and tarts, crème brûlée, or éclairs! Special events are just that, SPECIAL and nothing says PARTY like those sweet little bites at the end of the party.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Birthday Shoe!

I got a call a couple of weeks ago from my girlfriend NJ, she needed a cake for her shoe crazy aunt. I asked her to do a little research and give me a sample of what she was looking for...even I need a little guidance!

Here is what we wound up with...some of my favorite details... the buckle, the stitching, the woven fondant, the shiny look of the patent leather, and the marble board... yes, that was made with fondant! Sweet!

Normally I wouldn't post blurry pictures, but when NJ sent me the pictures she said that her aunt was laughing and this is the best she could do. Fine by me, best excuse EVER!

OK, shoe on the table? Ick... don't you just love the comparison between the shoe Auntie was wearing and the cake? I love it!

Last, but not least, the guts! There was so much black fondant... I really hope they pealed it off before they ate it... no one likes black teeth!
By the way, the cake was chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream and a layer of fresh raspberries. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment