Who are we?

My photo
Sacramento, CA, United States
We create desserts as unique and special as you and your event. We believe you CAN have you cake and eat it too, but you can also have mousse, pies and tarts, crème brûlée, or éclairs! Special events are just that, SPECIAL and nothing says PARTY like those sweet little bites at the end of the party.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Rehearsal Dinner - Dessert Bar

It was another busy weekend. Thursday rehearsal dinner dessert bar at the Citizen Hotel downtown, sculpted shoe cake on Friday, and INSANE detail wedding cake at the Sutter Club.

Yesterday was also family picture day... Mom and Dad with the boys, Mike and I, and our goddaughter's three month pictures. Those pictures will come soon, but you'll just have to wait!
For now I only have pictures from Thursday, but I promise more to come from the other events!
Let me begin by saying that I like to think I play well with others, well, a girl has to draw a line SOMEWHERE... I do not EVER again want to share my dessert table with the coffee station. It looks, well, not to put too fine of a point on it... LIKE CRAP! Of course the desserts were still tasty and my couple did like them, it just wasn't the look I was going for. Dang.
Special thanks go out to Brandy Sommer Photography for coming at a moments notice to take pictures! I'll also be getting pictures from Allison Stahl Photography, but we'll have to be patient on those.
The close ups are so much more picturesque!
Chocolate Eclairs... with the cutsie white chocolate hearts!
Ubiquitous vanilla bean creme brulee... how can you argue when it's so good and sooo popular!??
Fresh fruit tart... all berries this time... Aren't those golden raspberries to DIE for???
If you haven't figured it out by this point, I ADORE gold... leaf, dust, flecks... all of it. I'm a glitter girl, I can't help it. Everything in my nature screams MORE, MORE, MORE! I have to intentionally put my instincts in check some times!
Last but not least are these yummy triffles. This one is similar to the ones I did last weekend for the bridal shower, except that they have raspberries inside! White Chocolate Mousse, Passionfruit Curd, Red Raspberries and White Chocolate shavings all layered together with vanilla bean butter cake. So many textures and flavors, and so so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment