As I've mentioned before, I am a member of NACE (National Association of Catering Executives). I received an email this morning with the annual report on trends. I LOVE hearing what industry groups consider trends. Sometimes I agree wholeheartedly, other times I just don't see it. I'm going to share these with you in a couple of parts, so check back for more!
1) The Overall Atmosphere A more architectural, modern and environmental look will be prevalent, versus a frilly and fussy atmos-phere!
Photo by: True Love Photo, Location: Citizen Hotel, Cake: Sugar and Spice Specialty Desserts
2) Alternative Spaces People will continue to love the com-forts of being able to produce their event or wedding in a hotel, but will want to use alternative spaces in the hotel for their function(s).
Photo by: Tinywayter Event Planner: Amber Novey of Platinum Planning Venue: The Flower Farm Inn
3) The Lounge Look Furniture of all shapes and sizes will take center stage! Groupings much like you would see in a hotel lobby will be wildly popular! Photo by: Chenin Boutwell Special Thanks to Style Me Pretty
4) Table Design Long share tables remain popular and on trend! Additionally square and rectangular shapes will be requested even more in 2010. People want texture; they want delights both to the touch and eye!
Photo by: Scott Andrew Venue: Mulvaney's Building and Loan Planner: Alison Ulshoffer Events
5) Lighting Whether it is gobos, dimming, gelling the existing lights in the ballroom or contracting with a lighting designer and company to wash the ballroom in color, lighting will be at it most popular height ever! Photo by: Rachelle Photography Lighting by: Extreme Productions