Who are we?

My photo
Sacramento, CA, United States
We create desserts as unique and special as you and your event. We believe you CAN have you cake and eat it too, but you can also have mousse, pies and tarts, crème brûlée, or éclairs! Special events are just that, SPECIAL and nothing says PARTY like those sweet little bites at the end of the party.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Seriously Slacking!

First, Apologies to everyone who is so great about following this blog! I've been in photographer limbo. I'm waiting for pictures from my last 5 cakes, so as soon as I get them I'll share! I really can't wait, there have been some spectacular additions to the portfolio. Lots of color, lots of shape, and lots of fun, creative cakes!

Next Saturday is another three event day, so this week is going to be a bit hectic, but after that the wedding season will be winding down. I have two weddings in November and then it'll be time to gear up for the Holidays! YEA!!! BRING IT ON!

***************
I believe I mentioned in my blog, or on Facebook that I would be going down to the Los Angeles area to deliver a cake over Labor Day weekend. Actually it was cake and a dessert bar. YIKES! It was a challenge to get everything packed up and then to get it through security on the plane, but it all worked out surprisingly well!

Mary Lou was turning 80 and her darling kids threw her a surprise party... kind of scary when the birthday girl has a pace maker! But she took it all in stride. The theme was tropical... not necessarily Hawaiian. So I make the cake pretty modern and then used these BEAUTIFUL protea and dahlias to add even more color and texture. There was to be NO MENTION of how old she was turning, so the family added Roman numerals and color coordinated candles to finish off the cake.

Too Fun!

Flavors were: Tropical Carrot Cake (with macadamia nuts and pineapple) with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream (YUM!)


Next up!

My dear friend Nicole of Dynamite Weddings fame asked me to make a cake for her friend's son Pierce. He is dressing up as Captain America for Halloween and loves his superhero! Using Captain America's shield as inspiration we made a Captain Pierce cake!

The little man was so cute about going and getting his Captain America shield to show off next to the cake!

Flavors were: Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Buttercream and fresh raspberries

Lastly, (for the pictures I do have), I was asked to make a cake for a celebration honoring the finalization of an adoption. Adoption is dear to my heart because three of my sisters were adopted from Korea.

Brooklynne's Dad wanted a very girly, pink-ish cake to be served at their breakfast party. I LOVE CAKE for BREAKFAST! But any time a client wants to serve cake at a breakfast party I recommend lighter, fruit-yer flavors.

This was vanilla bean butter cake with vanilla bean pastry cream and mixed berries finished off with vanilla bean buttercream!

The bow was made out of Sugar Veil a relatively new product that I've started using... sooo cool, it actually lets you create the most amazing, fabric like decorations, and it's so much lighter than fondant (doesn't taste any better, but is sure BEAUTIFUL!)

Side View - little flowers.

1 comment:

  1. Dana and Pierce had such fabulous things to say about Pierce's cake and you of course! It meant so much to me that you were able to do that...AND deliver it, since I couldn't be here. YOU ARE AWESOME!! You know you did your job if a 4-year-old knows exactly what it is when he sees it. I only wish I could've tasted it. Mmmm...Love you, love your show. :0)

    ReplyDelete