Who are we?

My photo
Sacramento, CA, United States
We create desserts as unique and special as you and your event. We believe you CAN have you cake and eat it too, but you can also have mousse, pies and tarts, crème brûlée, or éclairs! Special events are just that, SPECIAL and nothing says PARTY like those sweet little bites at the end of the party.

Monday, August 17, 2009

What a Weekend!

Saturday was a two wedding weekend and with the help of my lovely assistant, Lisa, it was smooth and everything went off without a hitch!

The first wedding was Laura and Gary out at Newcastle Wedding Garden. They had me take the pattern off of their invitations and switch the colors from blue to the oranges that they were using with their flowers. Georgia (the owner of Newcastle Wedding Garden) and I concluded that the end product wound up feeling like Alice In Wonderland goes to Morocco. I was delighted.

If you look closely you will notice that the background buttercream is two different shades. This was entirely on purpose. Two cakes were chocolate with macadamia nuts, filled with coconut pastry cream and covered in coconut buttercream (I used a combination of coconut milk, coco lopez and Malibu, yum!) The other two tiers were white cake with vanilla bean pastry cream and one layer each of strawberries, blackberries and raspberries and then covered in vanilla bean buttercream.

While I was out at Newcastle, Lisa delivered and set up event number two in Placerville at Silverthorn Meadows. What a gorgeous Sierra wedding location. I particularly liked how the meadow was surrounded by trees and mountain side and that there was the prettiest pond and fountain!

Toward the end of dinner Lisa and I put out the cake and the desserts. This is the first dessert table I've done in the round and I just loved the effect! Everyone was able to get to all the desserts and the overall look (with the beautiful nature background!) was exactly what I was hoping for!The pattern on the cake is a traditional quilting pattern called Wedding Rings. It seemed very appropriate! The desserts were vanilla bean creme brulee with strawberries and blackberries, salted caramel tartlets and lemon tartlets two ways (half with raspberries, half with meringue). (The awesome pictures are from Diana Kay Photography. Thank you for the amazing turn around time!)

Last, but not least, here is a picture of Lisa with one of the three sheet pans of creme brulee. Mmmmmmm. They were the hit of the night and she was my saving grace! Thank you LISA!

No comments:

Post a Comment