Who are we?

My photo
Sacramento, CA, United States
We create desserts as unique and special as you and your event. We believe you CAN have you cake and eat it too, but you can also have mousse, pies and tarts, crème brûlée, or éclairs! Special events are just that, SPECIAL and nothing says PARTY like those sweet little bites at the end of the party.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Frank and Julene - May 16, 2009

Frank and Julene, one of my San Francisco area couples are getting married tomorrow. They were too funny during the cake tasting! There was a lot of discussion and tasting back and forth before deciding on some lovely (and seriously tasty) flavor combinations. Unfortunately, as sometimes happens, there was a favorite flavor combination that Frank liked that just didn't make it to the final cut. Julene, sweet Julene, suggested that they order a 6" of Frank's choice as his groom's cake. What a thoughtful move!

Vanilla Genoise, Raspberry Jam with a layer of Lemon Curd with Fresh Blackberries all frosted with Mascarpone Buttercream. I decorated the top with Fresh Blackberries, a puddle of Lemon Curd, and some Raspberry Puree Dots.

1 comment:

  1. Carissa,
    This photo does not do your cake justice!! It was spectacular, both inside and out.
    You know me... the oldest living caterer in the area. I have cut so many wedding cakes over the years. Some were stellar, many were mediocre and thousands were downright scary.
    The cake you did for Frank and Julene was beautiful, inviting and unbelievably tasty. I was knocked out when I cut into it and discovered that inside was a treasure trove of blended textures and flavors.
    This is one of the only times I have ever been blown away enough to actually post a comment.
    I sure hope we work together as often as possible throughout my remaining years in this industry.
    Your Friend,
    Monty Montgomery
    Owner, All Seasons All Reasons Fine Catering

    ReplyDelete