Who are we?

My photo
Sacramento, CA, United States
We create desserts as unique and special as you and your event. We believe you CAN have you cake and eat it too, but you can also have mousse, pies and tarts, crème brûlée, or éclairs! Special events are just that, SPECIAL and nothing says PARTY like those sweet little bites at the end of the party.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Not quite there yet...

Well, last I wrote I was expecting that Friday would be a very big day for the business (new commercial kitchen!). Well, not quite. The negotiations continue. A little frustrating, but I have to keep reminding myself that Rome was not built in a day and neither is a strong, successful business.

On the upside I had a great day on Saturday. I met with one lovely couple for a tasting on Saturday morning and they chose to go with a really fun cake option. They are having a small wedding reception (25-35 guests) so they only needed a small cake. We're going with two tiers, but the top tier will be a large Napoleon! (Crazy side note: It's not uncommon for me to dream about desserts. I actually dreamt about this being an option!) The other fun variation is that the whole cake will be covered in gold tinted white chocolate modeling paste with black ribbon trim and black piping. It should be spectacular!

I also delivered an order on Saturday evening for a retirement party up at Sequoia Restaurant in Placerville. 100 tartlets! Very fun!

I have the honor of creating the Valentine's Day Dessert for Sequoia too! They will be serving Chocolate and Salted Caramel Mousse with Orange Confit and Vanilla Orange and Caramel Sauce. Here is the mock up that will accompany the final order. Very exciting... and very tasty!
Consider this your reminder: Valentine's Day is only 10 days away. Are you ready with dinner reservations? Have you placed your order for flowers? Picked out that perfect card?

No comments:

Post a Comment